Common Autoclave Problems: Types of Autoclaves
– The device gives a calibration error:
Disruption of dental autoclave calibration is due to a disturbance of the linear relationship between pressure and water vapor temperature of the device during the healing phase.
Height repair or repeated use will disrupt the calibration of the device. Some devices are manually calibrated through a special kit and some are automatically calibrated.
If the process is repeated and the error is likely, the device’s or micro-sensors will be faulty and will need to be replaced.
– The vacuum pump sounds: the diaphragm is torn and needs to be replaced.
– The heat recording motor is not active: this condition occurs when the control current fuse is blown or the recording motor is defective, and to solve this problem, it is better to hit the fuse and repair it with the motor.
– The pressure does not rise:
The solenoid valve is damaged and does not close the system.
One of the hoses is torn.
The rubber around the door is torn or dirty.
The pressure transducer is damaged and must be replaced.
Buy operating room equipment
Not enough water has been injected into the system.
The element is damaged and does not increase the temperature and consequently increase the gas pressure inside the chamber.
The sterilization indicator does not indicate the end of the complete sterilization cycle: The reasons that cause these common autoclave problems are:
The steam valve is defective.
Vapor penetration is not enough.
Sterilization time is not enough.
The autoclave does not reach the selected temperature and pressure of sterilization.
Biological markers are not suitable for the executed cycle.
The sterilization chamber is incorrectly or overloaded.
The process was not suitable before the start of the cycle, a large amount of air remained inside the chamber.
– Indicates the maximum and minimum water level of the main water tank does not work: the circumference of the electrodes is scaled and must be cleaned.
– The device does not turn on at all: either the device is not connected to the power supply or the main fuse is blown.
– Steam pressure is high: this condition occurs in three cases: first, the internal steam leaks in other components of the autoclave, second, the autoclave is overloaded, and finally, the autoclave is not caliber.